The JYSK values originate from our founder, Lars Larsen. They express the behaviour and attitude that we expect from you as a JYSK employee.
Our values are summed up in three words to remind all JYSK employees how to act each and every day – be it towards our customers or towards each other. We believe in good tradesmanship, good colleagues and a corporate spirit.
Service minded: I put the customer first and act upon their needs.
Cost-conscious: We are a low cost company, selling articles at low prices. I use resources in a clever way and avoid unnecessary costs.
Reliable: An agreement is an agreement. I keep what I promise.
Goal-oriented: I work hard to reach my own and my team’s goals.
Professional: I am competent and have a competent attitude and approach.
Helpful: I am always happy to help and always ready to make the extra effort.
Mutual respect: I show respect to those with whom I cooperate.
Flexible: I am ready to handle changes and I take over for a colleague, even when it is not favorable for me.
Open, honest and straight forward: I say things as they are, straight on, in an open and honest way.
Positive: I see opportunities rather than obstacles.
Committed: I involve myself, I make a difference, and I contribute to the team.
Loyal: I stand behind JYSK and my colleagues, in good as well as tough situations.
Cooperative: I am eager to work together across functions and positions.
The right and duty to speak up: I use my right and duty to give input that could improve our business.
JYSK ambassador: I show that I am proud to have the “JYSK blue blood”.
JYSK Leadership expresses the behaviour and attitude we expect from you as a manager in JYSK.
We have firm Scandinavian roots, and we trust each other. We believe in delegation and freedom with responsibility.
A JYSK manager must ensure, through his or her professional and personal competences, that we are always on the right path towards new results, and that our employees are with us. Not because they must, but because they want to. This is why our managers are of the utmost importance for our success.
JYSK Leadership can be summed up in three words: Leader, Coach, and Communicator.
Result-oriented: I always want to win. I constantly strive to improve performance and results, and make the necessary follow-up.
Decisive: I make decisions in due time– in favorable as well as in tough situations.
Responsible: I stand behind decisions and actions taken by JYSK, myself or my team.
Proactive: I always stay two or three steps ahead and act in due time.
Developing: I develop and train my team towards better performance, and spot talent to secure a strong pipeline.
Involving: I understand what motivates my team and encourage them to contribute to the improvement of the results.
Feedback: I provide direct or questioning feedback depending on the situation.
Focusing: I secure that my team focuses on what improves our results.
Visible: I show the way by being present and available for my team.
Motivating: I encourage my team to be fired up and ready to go through clear and inspiring communication.
Convincing: I make my team comply with decisions through competent explanations and reliable behavior.
Informative: I share all relevant information with my team and my manager in due time.
- JYSK takes pride in taking good care of our employees by helping you reach your goals
- With a strong effort and a can-do spirit your opportunities are infinite
- We work together to set mutual expectations for your career path in JYSK
Bring dedication and meet possibilities
‘Bring dedication and meet possibilities’ is the headline and the framework for our Employee Promises with their three sub-headings. All of them define our promises to our employees – and they describe what makes JYSK an attractive place to work.
Strong teams. Great commitment.
JYSK is a high-speed company with extensive commitment in all respects. This means that you can look forward to a challenging and exciting workday where you will be part of a strong team that work as a close-knit unit:
- You can count on your team
- Your input will be heard
- You will be involved in team efforts
Our structure and concepts. Create opportunities.
JYSK has a strong and well-proven business concept that works. This will give you the time and the energy to improve your personal efforts:
- You get more time for customers
- You know what, when and how
- You have definite goals
- You feel prepared
When you grow, we grow
In JYSK, we focus on your career, your wishes and your potentials. We have top-of-the-line training, and we aim to develop our own talents:
- You can make a career for yourself
- You get on-the-job training
- You will join our internal training programmes
- We bring you the skills if you bring the attitude
International JYSK Culture
- One of the main reasons for the JYSK success is a strong company culture that has not changed since Lars Larsen opened his first JYSK store in 1979
- Today, JYSK operates in 41 different coiuntries - but the company culture is still the same...
Our international culture
Our strong company culture originates from Lars Larsen's entrepreneurial approach and straight-talking way of doing business. Our Scandinavian roots have played an important part in the definition of our fundamental business values.
- All employees are given plenty of responsibility
- We pull in the same direction
- Everybody works together, regardless of title and position
- We have a strong team spirit
- We are straight-forweard and down-to-earth
JYSK NORDIC represents the following 19 countries in which JYSK operates:
- The United Kingdom
- The Netherlands
- The Czech Republic
The JYSK future
If you are considering JYSK as your future place of work it is important for us to give you a broad picture of the company of which you will be a part. That is why we want to let you know what the future of JYSK might bring. It is, of course, impossible to predict what will happen – but we will nevertheless give it a try:
- JYSK is undergoing major changes and is expanding like never before
- We are moving in a new direction, striving to put our brand into a new perspective
- We are developing our e-business at a quick and steady pace
- We build upon a strong history to create an even greater future
- JYSK is dominated by a buzz of commitment from our employees who have been given the opportunity to impact the new and improved future JYSK.
We believe that we can always do things a little better and become even bigger – to ensure that we will still be able to give our customers the best offers in the future.
We express our general thoughts on the future of JYSK in our mission and vision. We want to do more than just give our customers an attractive offer based solely on prices. Our entire concept should be proof of our good offers to our customers.
JYSK MISSION – why we are here
- A great Scandinavian offer for everyone within sleeping and living
To elaborate on this, let us look at the elements of the mission statement:
- A great offer in JYSK is much more than competitive prices and offers. It is the total concept and service experience of JYSK.
- We want to be close to the customers, and we believe that we have something to offer for everyone, in new as well as existing countries.
Sleeping and living
- JYSK has a long history of competence in selling duvets, pillows and mattresses. In addition, we carry indoor and outdoor furniture.
The JYSK VISION addresses our three most important stakeholders: customers, employees and shareholders. We want to be
- our customers' first choice
- our employees' first choice within retail
- the world’s most widespread and profitable chain of stores
Staff Magazine: GO JYSK
GO JYSK is the name of our staff magazine. Did you know that it has won several Danish and European awards for its quality and design? Learn more about GO JYSK by clicking the menus below
The concept of GO JYSK
- It is printed in 11,000 copies and translated into 19 different languages
- It is published four times a year - in March, June, September and December.
- It is sent to the home addresses of all employees.
- Its purpose is to inform, unite and entertain all JYSK employees across country borders.
- It tells stories of our employees - with a human angle. The focus is on people and indirectly on being good colleagues.
- It presents articles that cover topics of current interest.
- It builds corporate spirit by providing good examples for everyone to follow.
- As an international magazine, it is a corporate tool, covering four national pages in each issue (except in the UK).
- Articles are researched and written 'on location' whenever possible to ensure much more credible and detailed content and ideas than in a magazine written entirely by HQ.
- It has a relaxed tone of voice - it is not a management team Speaker’s Corner.
- It may create constructive discussions among colleagues.
- Focus is primarily on employee interests and needs.
- Readers are critical and busy media consumers - events should be described professionally.
- It is a channel for company information, allowing important or relevant issues/projects to be described.
- It strengthens the corporate spirit across country borders.
- It is a platform for learning about stores in other JYSK countries.